Let your hands and your mind create beauty through sewing
Learn to sew in a relaxed environment, where your creativity is nurtured and encouraged.
Why Kharico sewing classes, courses and events are the best in Townsville:
- Your teacher has the knowledge and experience to assist all levels from beginner to intermediate. (If you’re an expert you probably don’t need us!)
- There’s no affiliation to a shop or fabric so you can be as creative as you like. You don’t have to make a particular item, use a particular fabric, or purchase materials from a specific store.
- All equipment is provided. This includes sewing machines, overlockers, scissors and pins. (To ensure you have creative control you supply the fabric and thread.
- There’s plenty of parking nearby and it’s easy to pull up outside for drop off or pick up.
- We use new Elna machines and overlockers for classes so if you’re keen to learn but not ready to invest in a machine, it’s the perfect place to try it out.
- We don’t tell you what to sew, you can learn to hand stitch, create your own textiles or design a particular garment. It’s up to you. And if you’re struggling to decide we have a large range of projects you can choose from.
Kharico sewing sessions offer you the perfect combination of experience and knowledge. Dianne is a qualified and experienced teacher and a trained occupational therapist with with her own strong personal interest in textiles and design. This means she can assess your abilities and your potential project and then assist in the way that suits you best. She will guide you towards a project that matches your skills and help you see it through to completion.
LEARN TO HAND SEW CLASSES
Aaah the forgotten art of hand sewing. Not that long ago every lady could sew, and sewing took up much of her time as she tried to keep her family dressed and clothes mended. These days sewing is done for different reasons, but hand sewing is still a skill many non sewers wish they had. Some would say it’s an art. Start with simple buttons and hems and move on to delicate decoration you can add to your designs. This is an ideal class for those not ready to learn machine sewing. Children as young as 6 years can start in this class.
SCHOOL HOLIDAY CLASSES
Vacation classes allow children to have a taste of sewing and complete a simple project over a session. They can also choose to come along for a few days and make more items or concentrate on something more complex. Get them away from the screen and let them use their hands to make something beautiful.
AFTER SCHOOL CLASSES
For students wanting to expand their skills, weekly sessions over a term will have them becoming confident sewers and designers. Lessons are tailored to the skills of students, allowing each one to progress at their own rate.